The Knit Apothecary Pure Wool yarn is truly a farm-to-skein experience. This non-superwash, 3-ply worsted weight yarn is made from 100% Dorset wool sourced from a local family farm here in Ontario, Canada. This untreated wool is processed and spun at a local fiber mill without the use of harsh chemicals.
Dorset sheep are Down breeds, characterized by wool that is rustic yet soft, bouncy and springy so it has great stitch definition and holds its shape even with lots of wear. It's great for making hats, scarves, sweaters and colourwork projects. It's lofty texture will keep you nice and warm in cold weather.
- 100% Dorset wool - 27-30 microns.
- 3-ply worsted weight.
- 165 meters (180 yards) / 110 grams (3.8 ounces).
- Gauge: 16 sts = 4″ (10cm) on 5mm needles.
- Raised, processed and hand dyed in Canada
- Holds it's shape.
- Excellent stitch definition.
- Resistant to felting & pilling.
- Warm yet breathable.
- Great for colorwork projects.
- Handwash with a wool wash or pH neutral soap (alkaline detergents will strip color).
- Air dry flat.
- Do not iron or bleach.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
*Colors may appear different due to computer screen/monitor resolution.
**This yarn is untreated - it is simply washed and spun. You may find tiny bits of vegetable matter spun in with the yarn.