Refund & Exchange Policy
- The cost of return shipping is the customer's responsibility except in the case of errors on our part. We only refund/exchange/replace items at our cost if they are defective or damaged.
- Shipping and handling fees/costs (custom fees and/or duties and/or PayPal fees) are non-refundable.
Non-returnable/non-refundable/non-exchangeable items are:
- Yarn that has already been wound.
- Garment care products such as wool washes.
- Digital products including pdf patterns.
- Custom made yarn.
- Pre-ordered yarn and kits.
- Sale Items. This includes anything that was purchased during our promotion periods. All sales are final.
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged and/or used, and/or missing parts for reasons not due to our error is not eligible for return/refund.
To be eligible for a return or exchange:
- You have seven (7) days from the date of delivery to request a refund/exchange.
- Items must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn and/or unused, with original tags, and in its original packaging.
- A receipt or proof of purchase is required.
To initiate a return or exchange:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. within seven (7) days of delivery. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return/exchange will not be accepted.
- If your return/exchange is accepted (see list of non-returnable/refundable items above), you may return your items back to our office at your expense (except in cases where you received a damaged, defective and/or incorrect items) to the following address:
The Knit Apothecary
6692 Meteor Court
Mississauga, ON L5N 7H9
- If you are returning items valued over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We are unable to guarantee that we will receive your returned items.
- In cases where you received damaged, defective and/or incorrect item(s), we will send you a mailing label via email so you can return the damaged and/or incorrect items back to us.
- Once your return is received and inspected, you will receive an email notifying you that we have received your returned items.
- Once approved, we will process a refund of the returned items as shown on your receipt within 24 hours of receipt. Your refund will be sent back to you via PayPal or the original method of payment within 3-5 business days.
- If requesting an exchange, we will replace the damaged, defective and/or incorrect item with an identical item or another item of equal value within 24-48 hours of receiving your return except in cases where the items are, 1) made-to-order, and/or 2) out of stock. In these cases, the item will be sent back to you once it becomes available. In these instances, you will be notified of the delay via email and given an expected time of arrival of your shipment.
- If you haven’t received a refund within 3-5 business days, first check your PayPal account again. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at email@example.com.