The Knit Apothecary's BFL Worsted is a non-superwash, 4-ply yarn spun with untreated, cruelty-free wool. BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) is a fine wool that is both soft and durable so it can be worn next to the skin yet it is hard-wearing so it's resistant to pilling and garments hold their shape even with lots of wear.
- 100% BFL wool - 24-28 microns.
- 4-ply fingering weight.
- 195 meters (213 yards) / 115 grams (4.0 ounces).
- Fiber origin: New Zealand; spun and hand dyed in Canada.
- Soft and can be worn next to skin
- Great stitch definition.
- Resistant to felting & pilling.
- Handwash with a wool wash or pH neutral soap (alkaline detergents will strip color).
- Air dry flat.
- Do not iron or bleach.
- Store out of direct sunlight.
*Colors may appear different due to computer screen/monitor resolution.
**This yarn is untreated - it is simply washed and spun. You may find tiny bits of vegetable matter spun in with the yarn.